The Executive Board holds the governmental and executive power in the Student Union. The Executive Board is appointed for one calendar year at a time by the Council of Representatives. The Executive Board deals with the supervision of interests in the long term, manages the Student Union’s day-to-day issues and activities and is in charge of executing the plan of action. The Board is also the external representative of the Student Union, and they supervise the administration of the Student Union and use the executive power within the limits set by the Student Union’s rules and the Council’s decisions. The Executive Board is accountable to the Student Union’s Council of Representatives for all of their actions.
The Executive Board is composed of the chairperson and seven other members. Each of the members of the Executive Board is responsible for activities in one or more sectors. There are several sectors in the Student Union, including educational affairs, social welfare affairs, international affairs, organizational affairs, events, sports, corporate cooperation, development cooperation, environmental affairs, communication, and municipal politics.
The Board members work in cooperation with the Student Union’s specialists.
Each semester, the Executive Board has weekly meetings in the meeting room at the Student Union’s office. The lists of decisions made by the Executive Board can be read either from the Student Union’s official notice board or from the Student Union’s website.
Composition of the Executive Board in 2018:
- Sanni Lehtinen, chair (Sity)
- Paula Saarinen, vice-chair, organizational affairs, equality (Proka)
- Nelly Kivinen, events, corporate cooperation, financial affairs, sports, wellbeing (Bosa)
- Noora Korhonen, educational affairs, communications, brand (Green list)
- Katariina Kojo, housing, welfare, environment, health, municipal politics (Green list)
- Esko Nieminen, communications, tutoring, culture, history (Kokoomusopiskelijat)
- Aliisa Toivanen, international affairs, development cooperation (Kontakti)
- Roope Tukia, educational affairs, doctoral students, employment (Sity)
You can find the contact information of the Executive Board members and the specialists on the Contact info page.